Carol Dweck: “The Growth Mindset” | Talks at Google
4th Annual Logan Symposium on Investigative Reporting
Read more at http://fora.tv/2010/04/18/Logan_Symposium_Google_Public_Data_Explorer#uXLe1TU6lWF4IJp2.99
Uploaded on Jun 2, 2010
Complete video at: http://fora.tv/2010/04/18/Logan_Sympo…
Using Google’s new Public Data Explorer tool, Ola Rosling demonstrates the effectiveness of visualizing datasets. Looking toward the next political election, Rosling hopes voters will use the tool to answer questions like: How was the money spent? Where are the biggest problems?
Ola Rosling of Google Public Data gives a presentation titled, “Google Public Data Explorer” at the Berkeley Graduate School of Journalism. This program was recorded on April 18, 2010.
Ola Rosling co-founded the Gapminder Foundation and led the development of Trendalyzer, a software that converts time series statistics into animated, interactive and comprehensible graphics. The aim of his work is to promote a fact-based world view through increased use and understanding of freely accessible public data.
In March 2007, Google acquired the Trendalyzer software, where Rosling and his team are now scaling up their tools and making them freely available for any individual or organization to use for analyzing and visualizing data.
We’ve got answers.
Published: October 30, 2013
XMLHttpRequest object. Despite the name, the use of XML is not required (JSON is often used instead), and the requests do not need to be asynchronous.
- Dojo if you have a large project and can spend time on a very steep learning curve and want to be able to create and re-use widgets, data connections and whatnot.
This answer do not take into account the “fun factor”. If your aim is to have fun JQuery will give you a quick fix but Dojo will be more rewarding in the long run.
Google Nexus is a line of mobile devices using the Android operating system produced by Google in conjunction with an original equipment manufacturer (OEM) partner. Devices in the Nexus series do not have manufacturer or wireless carrier modifications to Android (such as custom graphical user interfaces), and have an unlockable bootloader to allow further development and end-user modification. Nexus devices are the first Android devices to receive updates to the operating system. The Galaxy Nexus is one of the few smartphones recommended by the Android Open Source Project for Android software development. As of November 2012[update], the latest devices in the series are the Nexus 4 phone by Google and LG, and the Nexus 7 and Nexus 10 tablet computers by Google with Asus and Samsung respectively.
Internet es la calle más transitada del mundo, pero el trafico en cada pagina depende principalmente del posicionamiento en los buscadores como Google. Al arte de colocarse en los primeros lugares de los listados se le conoce como Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
Google mantiene como secreto la mecánica de asignación de lugares, que además cambia de manera continúa. Es un proceso bastante errático, y los que logran colocarse en la primera pagina para la lista de búsqueda de un conjunto de palabras, tenderán a mantenerse ahí hagan lo que hagan, tengan el contenido que tengan, siempre y cuando Google no los vete, por razones también erráticas y misteriosas. Es decir, el SEO es un deporte extremo.
Referencias, recursos, y ejemplos
- Search Engine Optimization
- Search Engine Optimization
- Advanced Web Metrics with Google Analytics
- Go to Google Analytics to sign up or log in.
- When logged in, choose to create a new account and follow the steps.
- When you get to “Add Tracking“, open up a new window and log in to your Blogger account.
- Go to your blog’s settings and choose “Template” and then “Page Elements“
- Have a look at the footer (it has to be the footer!) of the design and choose to “Add a Page Element“.
- Don’t write anything in the title column.
- Copy and paste the code from Google Analytics in the content box and “Save changes”.
- Then continue the steps on Google Analytics and you’re done!
Or if you are familiar with coding:
- From dashboard – Settings – Template – Edit HTML
- Scroll down to the very bottom in the box and locate the tag.
- Copy and past the Google code right BEFORE the tag and then save.
- To check your stats you just have to click “View Reports”.
- If it says “Tracking Unknown” in the status column, you have done something wrong.
Also, you might want to get your blog Google verified (link to tutorial for Blogger) so your blog gets crawled so your chances to show up on search results increases. Here is a tutorial for you WordPress.com users.